10Q10Q -- faith, life, rethinking church, following Jesus...stuff

Come join in the discussion of faith at the Koinonia Page where scripture and life intersect in conversation and exploration. Visit on Facebook, Twitter, and Dave's Web Page too! I'd welcome your company at Palmyra First United Methodist Church, where I hang out, too, come and see!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Thanks--It's a way of living!


1Q, 2Q, 3Q, 4Q, 5Q, 6Q, 7Q, 8Q, 9Q, 10Q...."You're welcome!"

So goes an old joke. It reminds me to live a life of gratitude. So I put it on my license plate to remind me to live with a sense of thanks.

I've learned that everyday holds reasons for thanks...gifts...blessings...good stuff...all I need to do is pay attention and choose to say "Thanks."

I'm not alone. Authors of ancient prayer practices saw this. My mentors saw this. I've read it in psychology and business writings. It seems to bubble up everywhere. Gratitude is a powerful way to live. Most of all I've experienced it for myself. I'm healthier, more relaxed, happier, and nicer to be around when I'm looking for what is good and what is God. I'm better off when I'm thankful.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment