10Q10Q -- faith, life, rethinking church, following Jesus...stuff

Come join in the discussion of faith at the Koinonia Page where scripture and life intersect in conversation and exploration. Visit on Facebook, Twitter, and Dave's Web Page too! I'd welcome your company at Palmyra First United Methodist Church, where I hang out, too, come and see!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

On a Mission

   I'm writing from Hillsville VA on route, with crew, to our annual mission trip outside of  Charleston SC.  Traveling is a transition for me from one kind of daily life and service to a week of different routines and service.  Transition often gives me a moment of uncertainty, and a feel of adventure.
   I'm also journeying through the Gospel of Luke.  Today chapters 7-10.  Jesus was always going from service to service.  The reception varied.  The power and purpose was always the same.
   I pray that my journey this week will embody the constancy of Jesus' power and purpose and that I can bring that home again.
  I may not get back to the internet while roofing and resting in a Sunday School room, but I will stop back to share the week. 
10,000 Joys in Christ as we all follow Jesus...Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment