10Q10Q -- faith, life, rethinking church, following Jesus...stuff

Come join in the discussion of faith at the Koinonia Page where scripture and life intersect in conversation and exploration. Visit on Facebook, Twitter, and Dave's Web Page too! I'd welcome your company at Palmyra First United Methodist Church, where I hang out, too, come and see!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Family Rest, Sabbath Starts Study

A week of rest with family begins my study and renewal summer.  A great week with Penny, my son Jeremiah and his family.

I've noticed a sense of relaxation that doesn't  always happen in a week of typical vacation.  There is a freedom of schedule and task in not coming back to preaching the day after travel and leading a fully calendared week.

This week I've begun reading, again, Brian McLaren's "We Make the Road By Walking" as a devotional tool.  My previous look at this resource touched me and drew me to consider it as a tool to order preaching. I'll be sharing more of this great theological look at faith and scripture in a 21st century relevance mode.

A relaxing week also yielded some final travel plans, personal insights, and exercise.  What's God been doing in your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment